home . Invitation to Tender – Delivery of Pre-Accelerator Programme
Invitation to Tender – Delivery of Pre-Accelerator Programme
Deadline: Tuesday 5th December – 17:30
Introduction, background and business context
Oxford Innovation Services (OIS) is the UK’s leading specialist coaching company. We work with businesses at all stages of development to maximise their growth potential, benefiting both the enterprise and its people through uniquely tailored coaching programmes.
Oxford Innovation Services (OIS) has recently been awarded a contract to deliver the Thames Valley Berkshire Growth Hub project in the Thames Valley Berkshire LEP area. The aim of the project is to help entrepreneurs, start-ups and established businesses find a range of support and advice to grow their business. The Growth Hub provides free information, advice, networking events and workshops on a range of business issues. Business Champions within the Growth Hub provide a small number of eligible businesses with ongoing intensive 1-1 support which is tailor-made to meet the needs of each business. Additionally, the Growth Hub will deliver 4 pre-accelerator programmes for a minimum of 40 entrepreneurs / pre-start-ups. The pre-accelerator will create a local buzz around entrepreneurship and high growth ambition, raising the aspirations of businesses in Berkshire. It will also build the profile of the region with investors as a hotspot for exciting investment opportunities. This tender document has been assembled in order to identify a provider to design and deliver the 4 pre-accelerator programmes.
The project is financed by the Thames Valley Berkshire European Regional Development Fund (ERDF), part of the European Structural Investment Fund (ESIF) portfolio 2014 to 2020. The Department for Communities and Local Government is the managing authority for the fund, which was established by the European Commission to help improve the competitiveness of SMEs by increasing their capacity and capability, and promoting entrepreneurship to strengthen the pipeline of high growth businesses across England.
The Thames Valley Berkshire (TVB) Business Growth Hub wants to engage and support a minimum of 40 entrepreneurs and pre-startups that have the potential to create high growth businesses based in Berkshire. As a mechanism to provide this support, we are seeking responses from interested providers who can deliver a programme of 4 pre-accelerators between 2018 – 2020 in Thames Valley Berkshire.
Each pre-accelerator programme will cater for a cohort of a minimum of 10 eligible entrepreneurs with high growth potential business ambitions and ideas, providing them with a minimum of 12 hours of intensive support over a 3-month period to prepare entrepreneurs for starting up their business and becoming ‘enterprise ready’. Each pre-accelerator will culminate in a pitching event where relevant next stage supporters (providers of accelerators, incubators, seed funds, angels and non-equity finance) will be in attendance and the cohort of entrepreneurs will be supported to pitch to win a place in a full accelerator or secure investment etc.
Key objectives of the brief
To obtain competitive tenders from suitably qualified providers to deliver the Pre-Accelerator programme, with the key objectives being:
- Promotion of entrepreneurship in Thames Valley Berkshire, attracting eligible entrepreneurs and pre-startups with the potential to create high growth businesses to apply to participate in the pre-accelerator programme
- Development of a dynamic, credible and coveted pre-accelerator programme, recruiting experienced business people to provide mentoring/key note talks/Q&A sessions for the participants on the pre-accelerator
- Delivery of an intensive programme of training that provides participants with a minimum of 12 hours of support to prepare a minimum of 40 entrepreneurs and pre-start-ups to start their business and become ‘enterprise ready’
- Coordination of an exciting pitching event at the close of each pre-accelerator, where the pre-accelerator participants can present their business ideas to investors
- Establishment of new, sustainable and high growth potential businesses by attendees
- Increase value of seed investment made into entrepreneurs / pre-start-ups / start-up businesses in Thames Valley Berkshire
Further information can be found in the Invitation to Tender (see links below)
The maximum budget available to deliver all four pre-accelerators is £30,000 including VAT. This budget is to cover all expenses associated with delivering the four pre-accelerators over the duration of the project.
How to respond to this brief
Please download the brief on link provided for the full detailed brief and supplier instructions.
Timing and selection process
The schedule below outlines key timings.
|Brief published||Wednesday 15th November 2017|
|Deadline for clarifications||Wednesday 29th November – 17.30|
|Deadline for response to brief||Tuesday 5th December – 17.30|
|Notification of shortlisted suppliers||Monday 18th December 2017|
|Presentations of shortlisted suppliers||Tuesday 09th January 2018|
|Notification of successful tender||W/C 22nd January 2018|
Thames Valley Berkshire Growth Hub contact details
Bethany Horrell, Project Administrator
Address: Bracknell Enterprise & Innovation Hub, Ocean House, Bracknell, RG12 1AX
Suppliers must confirm their expression of interest in this brief by e-mailing the above contact to ensure you receive any further information and clarifications.
Please download the below attachments
- OIS – Invitation to Tender – TVB Growth Hub – Pre-Accelerator Programme
- Appendix 1 – OIS Terms and Conditions – Goods and Services