home . Invitation to Tender – Project Evaluation Services – Summative Assessment for Cornwall Business Start-Ups (CBS) Programme
Invitation to Tender – Project Evaluation Services – Summative Assessment for Cornwall Business Start-Ups (CBS) Programme
Deadline for Tender Submission: Friday 2nd February 2018 – 17.30
Introduction, background and business context
Oxford Innovation Services (OIS) is the UK’s leading specialist coaching company. We work with businesses at all stages of development to maximise their growth potential, benefiting both the enterprise and its people through uniquely tailored coaching programmes.
The CBS (Cornwall Business Start-Ups) programme is financed by the Cornwall & Isles of Scilly European Regional Development Fund (ERDF), part of the European Structural Investment Fund (ESIF) portfolio 2015 to 2020. The Department for Communities and Local Government is the managing authority for the fund, which was established by the European Commission to help improve the competitiveness of SMEs by increasing their capacity and capability and promoting entrepreneurship to strengthen the pipeline of high growth business across England.
The CBS programme supports new businesses and is delivered in collaboration with our partner Unlocking Potential (UP), The Cornwall College Group (TCCG). The contract period for this programme is November 2015 – October 2018.
The CBS programme has been designed to ensure that consistent, high quality support is available to all entrepreneurs and start-ups who enter the programme, regardless of their starting point. Potential beneficiaries are defined as either:
- An individual who wants to become self-employed.
- An individual(s) with a pre-start business idea / proposition (i.e. not started trading).
- An existing business that has been trading for less than 12 months (start of trading defined as date of first sales invoice).
The CBS programme aims to:
- Establish viable start-ups through the introduction and use of the Lean Business Model Canvas;
- Ensure that start-ups have access to workshops, mentoring and peer-to-peer support to enable them to develop appropriate business models coupled with high quality, products, processes and services;
- Match high growth potential start-ups with business coaches experienced in growth through innovation and efficient business planning.
The programme also offers support for programme focussed, experienced employee placements to provide additional capability and capacity to encourage entrepreneurship and enterprising behaviour within the business.
In line with recently published ERDF guidance on Summative Assessments Project Evaluations, OIS are seeking tender proposals from highly experienced and qualified suppliers for the provision project evaluation services to undertake a summative assessment for our Cornwall Business Start-Up programme.
The supplier will be expected to undertake a summative assessment and provide a full report together with a final summary in line with the requirements of our Invitation to Tender document below and ERDF guidance.
The Summative Assessment will help to understand the difference the programme has have made in the local economy, communities and beneficiary groups. In addition, they will improve the effectiveness of measures in relation to economic growth in the future and provide insights into programme performance and evaluate their impact, efficiency and effectiveness.
Further information can be found in the Invitation to Tender document (see links below)
The budget for the evaluations is up to a maximum of:
- Up to £33,000 plus VAT for Cornwall Business Start-Ups (CBS) – including all costs and expenses.
The schedule below outlines key timings for the Invitation to Tender Process
|Brief published||Thursday 4th Jan 2018|
|Deadline for clarifications||Tuesday 30th January 2018|
|Deadline for Tender Submission||Friday 2nd February 2018 17.30|
|Notification of presentations||Wednesday 21st February 2018|
|Presentations of shortlisted suppliers||Tuesday 27th – Wednesday 28th February 2018|
|Notification of successful tender||Friday 2nd March 2018|
|Draft Report||29th June 2018|
|Final Report & Summary||27th July 2018|
Further timings following contract award are noted in the Invitation to Tender document.
How to respond to this brief
Please download the Invitation to Tender document and Appendices 1 & 2 on the links provided below for the full detailed brief and supplier instructions.
- Deadline for Tender Submission: Friday 2nd February 2018 – 17.30
- Deadline for clarifications: No later than Tuesday 30th January 2018
Oxford Innovation contact details
Amanda Greenall, Procurement Specialist
Address: Unit 2A(b) Gateway Business Centre, Barncoose Gateway Park, Redruth TR15 3RQ
Telephone: 01872 300116
Suppliers must confirm their expression of interest by e-mailing the above contact to ensure you receive any further information and clarifications.
Please download the below attachments
- OIS – Invitation to Tender – Project Evaluation Summative Assessment – CBS
- Appendix 1 – ESIF Form 1-014 – Summative Assessment Report Summary Template
- Appendix 2 – OIS Terms and Conditions – Goods and Services