Vacancies . Bid Manager
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
We are seeking a Bid Manger for Oxford Innovation Services, the part of the business concerned with delivery of business support. This is a key role focussed on securing new business support contracts within the internal business development team. The primary focus will be identifying and researching EOI, PQQ and ITT opportunities and developing winning proposals. Working with the business development team and other staff members as required, you will develop proposed solutions, write and format effective and persuasive bid content which effectively communicates the expertise of the business and capacity to deliver excellent services. You will be responsible for managing the overall production of bids (coordination, reviews, editing, submission) within strict deadlines, as well as developing bid content, collateral, case studies and other supporting documents as required.
Skills and Experience:
Essential skills and experience:
- Demonstrable effective writing skills and presentation skills
- Experience of business development
- Knowledge of public sector procurement / bidding
- Experience of bid writing and editing
- Experience of managing the development of complex bids
- Excellent IT skills (Microsoft Office suite).
Desirable skills and experience:
- Desktop publishing and graphic design skills.
- Developing outline budgets for proposals
- Knowledge of the business support sector.
- Able to demonstrate experience of working as part of a team on complex bids.
- Experience of preparing bids for European funding – primarily ERDF
- Experience of co-ordinating inputs from external bid consortia and partners
You will be a pro-active self-starter with excellent organisation skills, a high attention to detail and a ‘right first time’ approach. You must be able to work under pressure to demanding deadlines and be flexible in your working approach. The position is based at our offices in central Oxford and some travel across the region will be required from time to time.
As the company grows and develops, there will be exciting opportunities for career development.
Closing date for applications is 4th February 2018.
For further details and to apply please follow the link below: