Vacancies . Business Support Executive
Business Support Executive
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
Oxford Innovation Services (OIS) are now seeking a Business Support Executive to join our growing division and Business Development team.
The role will involve identifying and tracking new project opportunities, developing bespoke bid material and undertake research to support business development initiatives through which OIS can provide business support to high growth and scale-up businesses.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Undertake new project opportunities searches and contribute to the decision-making processes
- Manage bid pipeline information and provide updates/reports as required
- Contribute to the production of large, complex bids
- Production and successful submission to deadline of small bids
- Review bid outcomes and gather feedback to identify improvements and increase win rate
- Contribute to, and maintain, a database of bid response resources and information
- Liaise internally across the business to co-ordinate and follow up on leads and opportunities
- Liaise with key partners and stakeholders as required to generate bid material
- Undertake research to support business development initiatives
- Support the Business Development team with other activities as required
Skills and Experience:
Essential skills and experience
- Effective writing skills and presentation skills
- Experience of managing information libraries
- Excellent IT skills (Microsoft Office suite)
- Excellent attention to detail
Desirable skills and experience
- Desktop publishing and graphic design skills
- Experience of sales and/or business development
- Knowledge of the business support sector
- Knowledge of public sector procurement
- Experience of developing marketing materials
- Experience of preparing bids for European funding
- Demonstrable experience of working as part of a team on business development projects or complex bids
- Experience of developing bespoke bid content in response to funder requirements
You will be a pro-active, self-starter with excellent administration and organisation skills, a high attention to detail and a ‘right first time’ approach. You must be able to work to demanding deadlines and be flexible in your working approach and prepared to work out of normal working hours when the workload demands.
This role would suit a strong administrator looking for their next step or a recent graduate seeking a role within Business Development/Support. Training will be provided as part of our induction process.
Oxford Innovation Services has over 30 years’ experience of helping high growth, innovative businesses to achieve their full potential. OIS is part of SQW Group, a growing company with over 230 staff. As well as managing business advisory and coaching programmes, its sister company, Oxford Innovation Limited runs a network of business and innovation centres that provide office space for start-ups and growing firms.
Closing date for applications is 22nd October 2017