Vacancies . Financial Controller
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
This is a pivotal role working in one of the Group’s three core trading divisions; Oxford Innovation Services (“OIS”) Limited. The divisional finance team, based in Oxford, form part of the group-wide finance function; a friendly and supportive team who provide a professional service across the Group in a varied and fast moving environment.
- Based in Oxford, you will manage the divisional finance team of four across two locations (Oxford and Redruth).
- Build on existing strong financial controls and manage processes within a division that is constantly changing as a result of the blend of programmes it operates.
- Manage risks and opportunities within the division through close relationships with senior staff across the programmes, the Divisional Executive team and members of the Group Executive team. This will include being a critical link with the operational teams, ensuring that forecast margins are protected, and with the business development team in ensuring that profit-generating opportunities are optimized.
- Working closely with finance team, continue to develop reporting processes including integration of appropriate management information with monthly management account reporting.
- Review and analyse monthly management accounts on a timely basis; reporting on these to senior Group Exec and members of the Divisional Executive team. Also provide reporting pack for group consolidation.
- Manage budget and reforecasting processes including proactive communication regarding material variances and key risk factors.
- Proactive cashflow management for the division, working closely with group finance team.
- Work alongside the business development team on bids – to include providing practical modelling assistance and guidance on bid submissions.
Regulatory reporting and compliance
- Ensure all grant claims and forecasts are submitted in compliance with funding agreements, current ERDF guidance and technical specifications and are made on a timely basis. This will involve close management of project accountants and regular close liaison with funding authorities and internal programme managers.
- Manage period project and government audit office audits.
- Manage annual audit process, statutory accounts finalization with auditors and all statutory submissions required to HMRC and, in the case of OION, the FCA.
- Oversee all technical accounting and tax matters with key input into regulatory/compliance issues as they arise.
Systems management and other projects
- Working closely with the division and group finance team (Group Systems Accountant in particular), ensure that systems are robust, efficient and appropriate.
- Other projects on an ad hoc basis as required
Skills and Experience:
- Qualified accountant with relevant post-qualification experience (ideally to include working in a service industry at a senior level) or strong QBE
- Experience of working in a complex grant-funded environment with particular experience in the financial management of government/EU contracts being an advantage.
- A self-starter who has proven ability to prioritise, responds well to changing business needs and demonstrates willingness and determination when it comes to detail (notably with grant claim submissions made by the team).
- Professional manner who is a good communicator and has strong management skills
About the company:
OIS (http://oxfordinnovationservices.co.uk) is a commercial organisation recognised as market leading specialist in SME business growth support and development in the UK. Notably, the Company is firmly established as a key provider of business coaching to high growth businesses in Cornwall; this role will be heavily supporting the Coaching for Growth project, part of the England European Regional Development Fund as part of the European Structural and Investment Funds Growth Programme 2014-2020.
OIS and its sister companies, Oxford Innovation and Oxford Investment Opportunity Networks Limited, merged with SQW Limited in 2006 to form SQW Group (www.sqwgroup.com).
Closing date: 22nd October 2017
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from candidates of all backgrounds. This is an EU funded project.
This role is funded from the England European Regional Development Fund as part of the European Structural and Investment Funds Growth Programme 2014-2020.