Vacancies . Events & Workshop Coordinator
Events & Workshop Coordinator
Hours: Full-time (37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday). Permanent contract.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
Oxford Innovation Services (OIS) is a national market leader in supporting exciting small and medium sized businesses (SMEs) to grow. In Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly, we are firmly established as a key deliverer of impactful business growth projects. We have secured a new 3-year ERDF-funded contract to support start-up and established businesses to grow and create jobs, and our experienced coaches will work with ambitious entrepreneurs on a one-to-one basis to help them achieve their business growth goals.
We are looking for a talented individual who will thrive in our creative and collaborative environment to successfully deliver a range of engaging and impactful events and workshops for our innovative new project.
About the role
As our Events & Workshops Coordinator you will play an important role as part of the core project team, coordinating and organising all workshops and large events across the project which offers coaching and wider support to high growth businesses in Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly. You will ensure the events are successful, cost-effective and designed to make an impact on the identified target audience, whilst paying attention to budget, purchasing compliance and time restraints.
The role requires an organised project manager who understands marketing and promotion techniques, and who has the experience and organisational skills required not to leave anything about an event to chance. Working from modern offices ideally located close to the A30 in Redruth, you will enjoy onsite facilities including a café and complimentary Gym.
- Reporting to the Client Service Coordinator and working as part of the wider project team to design, coordinate and deliver every aspect of workshops and events from start to finish according to requirements, target audience and objectives
- Providing ideas and suggestions to enhance the events’ success
- Preparing budgets and ensuring adherence to ERDF purchasing compliance guidelines
Skills and Experience:
- Ability to demonstrate significant experience of working in an events role, with a diverse range of responsibilities
- Proven experience of having successfully developed and implemented an innovative and engaging events strategy
- Experience of effective project management within agreed cost and time parameters
- Experience of working in a demanding environment, where the willingness to do whatever is necessary to meet the needs of the business is crucial
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Excellent time management and prioritisation ability
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A self-motivated, adaptable and positive outlook
- A flexible and supportive working approach combined with an ability to communicate to a diverse audience to maximise engagement
- The ability to work calmly, independently and as part of a team to achieve both individual and overarching organisational objectives and KPIs
- Full UK driving license and access to own car is essential
Oxford Innovation Services (OIS) is an established and growing commercial organisation with contracts in the UK and internationally and we have progressive expansion plans. OIS runs a network of more than 20 innovation centres nationally that provide office space for start-ups and growing firms. OIS offers a culture of constant innovation and mutual respect which delivers bottom line results from within a stimulating and challenging working environment. OIS is part of SQW Group, a growing company with more than 230 staff offering consultancy services in sustainable economic development and planning to the public and private sectors in the UK, Europe and Asia.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from candidates of all backgrounds. This is an EU-funded project.
Our closing date is 9th April 2019.
For a full job description and to apply please follow the link below:
The role is part funded from the England European Regional Development Fund as part of the European Structural and Investment Funds Growth Programme 2014-2020.