Vacancies . Productivity Coach
Hours: Full-time (37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday). Permanent contract
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
Oxford Innovation Services (OIS) is a national market leader in supporting ambitious businesses to achieve transformational growth. In Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly, we are firmly established as a key provider of impactful SME business growth projects. We have secured a new 3-year ERDF-funded contract to support established and start-up businesses to achieve their business growth goals, create jobs and improve productivity through the provision of one-to-one coaching.
Oxford Innovation has a well-earned reputation for employing only the very best as business coaches; high-calibre individuals with the experience and insight to make a real difference to the ambitious businesses we engage with. As an experienced businessperson with specialist productivity skills, you will fit seamlessly into a team that has a laser-like focus on working with clients to deliver outstanding results.
Working within a dynamic and fast growing company where a culture of constant innovation and mutual respect delivers bottom line results, you will successfully develop and manage working relationships with High Growth SMEs and Start-Ups in Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly. You will tasked with quickly understanding and assessing the condition of client businesses, leading and continuously refining our productivity coaching offering in response to client needs.
About the role
As our Productivity specialist you will play a vital role as part of the core project team delivering the new programme to the highest industry standards. You will provide expertise to the wider coaching team on aspects relating to SME productivity and offer specialist support to clients who have identified improved productivity as a fundamental part of their growth plan. The desired impact will be to increase gross value added per head and to support businesses in building their capability to achieve accelerated growth, performance and productivity.
You must be comfortable operating at all levels within client companies, up to and including Board level, where you will quickly be able to gain the trust, respect and credibility necessary to help clients. You will analyse their needs, identify solutions and transform market information into consumer insights to drive growth. Most importantly, you will be a skilled Coach, showing a high degree of empathy, self-awareness, persistence and optimism, and the desire to put clients’ needs above your own. You will work as an effective member of the team and contribute to its success, by sharing knowledge and training other members of the coaching team.
You will have come from a commercial environment with a strong focus on targets, quality, integrity and customer service. You will also have experience of formulating and communicating productivity strategy and developing, implementing and maintaining effective processes to support and improve productivity strategy as well as SLA performance. As our specialist in productivity, you will be comfortable managing quality and using Lean Six Sigma strategy to facilitate continuous improvement consistent with established industry standards. Driving and monitoring metrics related to balance scorecards and the evaluation of performance will also come naturally to you.
Working from home, you must be either resident in Cornwall or be willing to work in Cornwall from a location very close to the County border. You will have access to modern offices located close to the A30 in Redruth, with onsite facilities including a café and complimentary Gym. Successful candidates will require a driving license and access to a car.
- To develop and manage close productive working relationships with SMEs, quickly understanding their key challenges and opportunities for growth
- Act as the productivity specialist coach for the programme, reviewing, assessing and continuously refining the Productivity coaching offering in response to client needs as well as in line with the key productivity themes of the programme
- Creation and delivery of workshops/workshop content specifically aligned to span all aspects of Productivity taking into consideration the challenges faced by HG start-ups and SMEs in this area
- Open to sharing knowledge and experience of Productivity with the wider T2 team. Supporting the high growth clients with specific support related to this topic
Skills and Experience:
- Experience of formulating and communicating productivity strategy
- Experience in developing, implementing and maintaining effective processes to support and improve productivity strategy as well as SLA performance
- Experience of managing quality and Lean Six Sigma strategy to facilitate continuous improvement consistent with established industry standards.
- Experienced in driving and monitoring metrics related to balance scorecards and the evaluation of performance.
- Previous experience of building relationships essential
- Experience in a commercial environment with a strong focus on targets, quality, integrity and customer service.
- Demonstrable success of leading or being an instrumental part of a team, which has met or exceeded multiple objectives and targets.
- Ability to work independently with evidence of sound judgement towards team goals
- Experience of working in a demanding, changing environment, where the willingness to do whatever is necessary to meet the needs of the business, is crucial
- Ability to motivate colleagues in times of change
- Strong communication skills at all levels essential
- A self-motivated, adaptable and positive outlook
- Full UK driving license and access to own car is essential
Oxford Innovation Services (OIS) is an established and growing commercial organisation with contracts in the UK and internationally and we have progressive expansion plans. OIS runs a network of more than 20 innovation centres nationally that provide office space for start-ups and growing firms. OIS offers a culture of constant innovation and mutual respect which delivers bottom line results from within a stimulating and challenging working environment. OIS is part of SQW Group, a growing company with more than 230 staff offering consultancy services in sustainable economic development and planning to the public and private sectors in the UK, Europe and Asia.
Interviews for this role are likely to take place 5th & 6th March 2019
Our closing date is 24 February 2019
For a full job description and to apply please follow the link below
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from candidates of all backgrounds. This is an EU-funded project.
The role is funded from the England European Regional Development Fund as part of the European Structural and Investment Funds Growth Programme 2014-2020.